Monday, August 24, 2009

Ellie Krieger's new cookbook


The blog is still under construction, but I had to share news about Ellie Krieger's upcoming book. Last summer, I bought my first ever cookbook, The Food You Crave (also by Krieger), which has helped bridge the gap between my fancy foodie appetite and my ability to cook. And while I'm no Julia Child (or Julie Powell for that matter), I have managed to whip up several recipes from The Food You Crave while learning a thing or two about healthy eating. Krieger has a masters in nutrition from Columbia University so the book is chock-full of helpful hints to improve your daily diet without skimping taste.

Her newest book, So Easy, will hit bookstores October 26, but I'm already drooling over some of the recipe pictures they're promoting.

In the meantime, if you decide to invest in her first cookbook, I highly recommend the following recipes:

Pumpkin Pie Muffins
Energy Bars
Hummus and Grilled Vegetable Wrap
Grilled Thai Beef Salad
Pork Medallions with Cherry Sauce
Carrot Cupcakes with Lemony Cream Cheese Frosting (see my pic!)

Bon Appétit et Bonne Santé!

2 comments: