Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hounding Anoop-Dawg plus 'X-Men Origins' alternate endings


For those of you who are watching this season of "American Idol," keep reading. For those of you who despise/boycott/ignore it, just skip down to the X-Men paragraph.

Chapel Hill, N.C.'s own Anoop Desai, who was eliminated from the show two weeks ago, made his homecoming Monday at UNC-Chapel Hill. Friends, family and (of course) fans gave him a warm welcome. While I was an undergrad at UNC, I heard Anoop sing a few times as a member of the male a Cappella group, the Clef Hangers. After following his success on "American Idol," I was excited to meet and congratulate him. My friend and I were lucky to get our pictures taken (see right!) and speak with him briefly. Yes, I was pestering a fellow alum like a teeny-bopper, but Anoop couldn't have been more gracious.

Also, in case any fellow Tar Heels are wondering, I asked if his outfit was from Julian's on Franklin Street. It's not, but he did say he liked their style!

In addition to my local-celeb hunting, I saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine today. I'm too tired to do a full review now, but it was dynamite (or should I say adamantium?) If you're planning to see it soon, be sure to stay until the end of the credits for an additional scene as done in X-3: The Last Stand. Apparently this film has more than one ending snippet, but you can only see one at a time (read MTV's scoop on the multiple alternate endings).

More to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I'm glad that you got to get a picture with him! You both look quite dashing! I will be sure to stay for the end of Wolverine :)!

    ReplyDelete